In 1959, Allied Diesel Service opened its doors for business and became one of the first diesel repair shops in Monmouth County. When the business began, it started with only a two bay shop and a 200 square foot parts room. At first, Allied only began working on equipment for local farmers, as well as diesel generators and compressors for some local industrial companies nearby.
During the mid 1960’s, Cummins Engine Company wanted Allied to become one of their many dealerships that would stock Cummins parts, as well as handle warranties. Companies began to hear about Allied and soon Allied began to expand their business, working on diesel engines in scallop and lobster boats and eventually into Allied’s area of expertise, diesel trucks.
During the early 1970’s, business had really started to expand, especially with the trucking industry. Allied decided to expand their parts room and create additional bays, which now included 5 total. Since business was really taking off, Allied could no longer handle all of the farmers, marine, and the trucking industry. Therefore, Allied made the decision to focus primarily on the trucking industry.
In the mid 1980’s, Allied made a wise decision to expand their site once again. Another massive six bay shop was added, as well as more room for parts inventory. This could not have come a better time considering Mack Trucks had become part of Allied’s multi dealership lineup. This meant more inventory and service work that Allied could assist with, in the trucking industry.